To reinforce positive interactions and to ensure the safety of every student we are implementing the School Wide Positive Behaviours Support (SWPBS) system.
This system focuses on prevention and early intervention by:
- supporting effective learning through the development of a positive, calm, and welcoming environment
- teaching and modelling socially acceptable behaviours
- creating a positive school climate, that values achievement and rewards students
- openly responding to the needs of school leaders, staff, students, parents and carers
- actively promoting and maintaining a safe, respectful and orderly learning environment for all students and staff.
Bullying, racism and discrimination will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with by college staff in line with its bullying policy.
The school will implement school-wide positive behaviour strategies, and teach all students these expectations. The bullying policy for the new school is currently being reviewed by the four existing secondary school councils and will be in place for the start of 2020.
For more information about the program, read School-wide positive behaviour support