The Greater Shepparton Secondary College Koorie Educator Team is proud to carry the same name as our entrance artwork; Ngarri Ngarri, meaning 'teaching (Bangerang) knowledge (Yorta Yorta)'. The Ngarri Ngarri Team felt it was a fitting name for them as a group; acknowledging their role in supporting Koorie students to understand the importance of education and their ties to our rich cultural history.
The Ngarri Ngarri team consists of a Team Leader and 6 x Koorie Educators, with 2 assigned to each neighbourhood.
The Ngarri Ngarri team works with Koorie students, families, community, and the school to support:
- Active student participation
- Positive family engagement
- Proactive home/school partnerships
- A culturally safe learning environment
- Inclusive curriculum and teaching and learning practices
- Post-secondary pathways to employment and/or higher education and training
“Education empowers our young people with skills and knowledge and creates greater opportunities for them to succeed. We work with families to reach deadly outcomes for our young people.”