We are pleased to introduce our Student Leadership Group for 2023.
These students make up our College Captains and House Captains, and Specialist Leaders. We have two College Captains per neighbourhood and two House Captains per house - with three houses situated within each of our three neighbourhoods. Our Specialist Leaders comprise Values, Environmental, Music, First Nations and Multicultural Leaders.
Our student leaders are integral to our College Mission to nurture a student-centred culture and promote student leadership, voice and agency. In addition to advocating for fellow students, the Captains' role provides an opportunity for our student leaders to challenge themselves, build their own leadership skills and expand horizons.
In their roles student leaders will undertake a range of duties including:
- representing the College at community and external events
- hosting school assemblies
- liaising with leadership and staff on student matters, issues and ideas
- assisting to coordinate sport days and various college activities and celebrations
- working together to build a culture of healthy competition and participation between house groups
- acting as a role model and mentor for all students
- advocating for students and building a sense of community and school pride
Skills gained in a role such as College or House Captain holds students in good stead heading into University, further studies or the workforce.